Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Illamasqua Load... it's EXACTLY what you're thinking.

For Application Tips For This Polish, Please Click HERE And Scroll To The Bottom

Edit!!
Ok, so I went around to other blogs after I posted this to see if other people had the same application problems I did. I obviously came across Scrangie's pretty quickly and noticed she said almost the exact same thing I titled my post!!
"Load. Yep, it's exactly what you think it is." I totally swear I had not seen this (or maybe I had, but I had totally forgotten I had seen it) when I titled this post. My intention was NOT to steal that concept from Scrangie!! I'm leaving it, though, because it still makes me laugh when I see it. I guess there's only so much you can say about an off-white polish called "Load". Back to the original post:

Load. *snickers*. Ok, not gonna lie, a fairly good sized portion as to why I bought this polish was because of how hilariously inappropriate it is. It is from Illamasqua's collection from 2011 Valentine's Day called Throb. I love how the name of the collection makes this polish even MORE risqué.

I picked this up at Sephora in Time Square. Unfortunately, Illamasqua is sold at very few Sephora stores. It is sold online, though. But I had debated between Milf, Purity, and Load, so I wanted to see them in person. When I was in NYC for my friend's wedding, I figured I'd stop in to Sephora to see if they sold Illamasqua, and obviously they did. Prior to me being aware that not all Sephora's carry this brand, I had gone to Sephora in Providence, RI and asked if they sold it. Now, I KNOW I pronounced it correctly, but the sales associate looked at me like I was an idiot, asked me what it was (and I told her it was a brand), and she told me she had never heard of it and they definitely didn't carry it. How are these sales associates not trained on brands their company carries? I know it's not sold on stores, but it's certainly sold on Sephora.com and she was just rude about it.

Anyway, onto the polish. And I have a forewarning (I love giving forewarnings!). Apparently, this polish likes to be photographed from the index finger side. So most of the photos are from that side. I actually don't think I liked ANY that were the pinkie side. I didn't really take many from the pinkie side, anyway. I think because there is no label on the bottom I was trying to show. I wasn't going to put so many because they're so similar, but then I decided what the heck? I went through the trouble of taking them! Lol. Anyway, you'll see what I mean.

Illamasqua Load Swatch

Illamasqua Load Swatch

Illamasqua Load Swatch

Illamasqua Load Swatch

Illamasqua Load Swatch

3 coats Load
1 coat Poshe

I actually LOVE this color, but I'm not thrilled about the formula. Ok, trying to stay mature through this... Load is an off white, yellow tinged creme. Yup. That's Load. It actually is a pretty unique color for a polish, and is quite lovely.

The problem was the application. You really needed 3 coats with this polish. The first coat went on sheer, with VNL, but buildable. It was the consequent coats that were troublesome. It seems as if you REALLY need to let each coat dry before you do another. I experienced cuticle drag and it was overall uneven. It's not terribly noticeable in real life, but my photos do a great job at showing the flaws.
Now, I am pretty darn good at shaping the polish by the cuticle. If you didn't know, I never do cleanup. I just paint neatly. This polish was a huge struggle due to the drag. You can see how the polish at my cuticle isn't very nice. And I tried REALLY hard. Again, in real life it's not that noticeable at all, but my macro photos sure do point it out.

Yucky cuticle drag!! (Seriously not noticeable in real life, though. Promise.)

2 comments:

  1. darn, this seems like right up my alley, but damn the formula. I'll keep my money for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loodie,
    I love that you love these types of polishes!! I was actually planning on wearing China Glaze Moonlight soon and actually thought about how you love those milky, sheer kinda white polishes.
    But yeah, for $14, I don't know that it's worth it. When you're spending that much, you don't expect such problems. It sucks. :(

    ReplyDelete