Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Prince Charming

I'm so sorry I keep disappearing :( This is the second polish I'm showing from Orly's Once Upon A Time collection. Again, I'm going over this entire collection because I think it's one of the best collections ever, especially for fall. Orly captured everything about the fall season with the collection. It's amazing.


Orly Prince Charming

Orly Prince Charming

Orly Prince Charming

Orly Prince Charming

Orly Prince Charming


2 coats Orly Prince Charming
1 coat brand new, super thin/runny Poshe

First off, this polish was like painting with chocolate. Does it look like chocolate? Eh, not totally. But you know how when you melt chocolate, it looks lighter and darkens as it hardens? This polish darkens enough so that the second coat going on is lighter, so it legit reminds me of painting my nails with melted chocolate... and now I want a s'more with the yummy melted chocolate and my delicious vegan marshmallows!! lol

So more about the actual color since it isn't identical to chocolate. It's definitely in the taupe family. I spent half the day thinking it was warm toned and the other half thinking it was cool toned, so I'm going to say it ends up being fairly neutral. It almost has yellow-ish undertones, but there is such a purity to the taupe color itself that I find it hard to pull out true undertones. At one point I swear I saw grey undertones and another time I definitely saw violet undertones. Regardless, it's beautiful.

The application was great! It was actually unlike Orly's more recent cremes. Orly's newer cremes seem to be opaque in 1 coat and on the thicker/highly pigmented side, while still being perfectly manageable. NOT the think/pigmented/dries on the brush in like two seconds and is goopy and pulls and is difficult to work with. But this polish is thinner but still well pigmented. The first coat was kind of uneven and is where I saw more yellow-ish undertones. If you thickened the first coat, it wasn't uneven. But either way, it went to perfectly opaque and perfectly even with the second coat. A very easy to work with polish.

Side Note
I feel awful about these big gaps in not posting. As I said, I'm moving on November 1st, and as a result, I've been OUTRAGEOUSLY busy. There are tons of things I need to get, and I've been picking up tons of hours at work on top of going to school (where I've had two exams in this past week). And I've been sick for the past week as I sit here with my left ear completely blocked and coughing like whoa (no stuffy nose, though! And I've still got energy). Ugh. So anyway, I haven't photographed too many of my nail designs. I'm going to have to go back and redo things as I've already worn another one of the Once Upon A Time colors but never took any photos. I'll try my best to get on it!! The other crappy thing is I have two silk wraps on my photographing hand (my index finger and ring finger), so I'm avoiding glitters and it stinks because I have so many new glitters!! Gahhh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment