Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

St. Patty's Day Nails

I started doing St. Patty's Day nails on 3/13 and will obviously continue doing so until St. Patty's Day. These are the ones I have done so far:

Day 1



2 coats Finger Paints Chrysanthe-Mum’s The Word.
1 coat Sinful Green Ocean on ring finger.
1 coat SV

Application for CMTW was HORRIBLE! So thick, streaky, goopy, and uneven. Not true to bottle, either. Darker on the nails. I'm really disappointed because I was hoping it was going to be a better version of OPI Gargantuan Green Grape because GGG is so thin and streaky. Apparently you just can't win with these greens. Anyone have any suggestions?

Day 2

This came out a thousand times better than yesterdays mess with FP CMTW.

2 coats Ardene Emerald Green
Lots of coats (like 6) Sinful This Is It
1 coat SV

I was super stubborn about that Sinful polish. It’s the exact polish color I imagined to use for gold for St. Patty’s nails. It’ll probably come up again. It just has that pot-of-gold feel from the shade of golden yellow gold with the perfect shimmer and light, sparse holo microglitter. PERFECT.

Day 3


I was in a wicked rush to get out of the house today, so instead of doing a brand new mani, I added to yesterdays.

As of yesterday:
2 coats Ardene Emerald Green
Lots of coats (like 6) Sinful This Is It
1 coat SV

As of today:
Fauxnad clover design with bundle monster plate BM03 in Ardene Emerald Green
Emerald nails have 1 coat China Glaze Golden Enchantment

No comments:

Post a Comment