Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Zoya Phoebe (finally!!)

In the Zoya BOGO promo, I picked up Phoebe and Faye. I received Faye a while ago on March 25. Just yesterday (April 7), I finally received Phoebe!! As much as I wanted to just wear Phoebe as soon as I got it, I knew I'd want to give myself a good full day (at least!!) of wearing Phoebe, so to put it on at 3 in the afternoon would have been pointless.

I have to mention how Phoebe came packaged. You totally know someone in the warehouse had a super fun time make sure this package was well secured:





Anyway, onto the good stuff!!

Zoya Phoebe Swatch

Zoya Phoebe Swatch

Zoya Phoebe Swatch

Zoya Phoebe Swatch

Zoya Phoebe Swatch

Zoya Phoebe Swatch

3 coats Phoebe

I am really really disappointed in this formula. Like REALLY disappointed. I have Veruschka, which is also a Zoya matte, and these two formulas are totally different. Veruschka is technically considered "matte velvet", but Phoebe gives that same velvet finish.
Phoebe was horrific. You could not paint over the same area twice without dragging up all of the polish you just put down. Thank goodness Zoya brushes aren't like the big, chunky OPI ProWide brushes (which I'm not a fan of). You had to use a very delicate touch and work quickly. You also have to have the patience to put on this polish. Don't try to swipe this on your nails and run out the door. It needs a little care and babying. I feel like 4 coats might have made it a bit smoother, but I was satisfied with 3. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't THAT bad, but it's still not an easy polish to apply.

What I suggest when using this polish that will make application easier:
♥ Work quickly
♥ Oversaturate your brush
♥ Minimize brush strokes
♥ Use a light touch

Oddly enough, I feel like I wanna have another go at using this polish, but I'll hold off for now. I'm sure I'll be wearing this again in the coming months.

Oh, and I've decided I'm going to try to do something a little fun with my posts. Ok, not that fun really, but I'd like to look back on it! When I post, I usually type this out while working on choosing my photos and watermarking/cropping them. But I also am usually listening to music. So I wanna start posting the song I'm listening to when I'm typing. Obviously this process takes me longer than a 4 minute song, but I'll just write what I'm listening to at the time I'm ready to write it.
Anyway, right now my iTunes shuffle has got me listening to:
"Ticks" by Brad Paisley. As I type that, it switches me to "Dare You To Move" by Switchfoot.

Usually I'm listening to some awesome 90s song, but not this time. Be prepared for a huge range of music!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this shade and want it badly. Are you interested to sale it ?

    ReplyDelete