Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Swirly Stamped Mirror Mirror

I was going to just do a fun top coat over Orly Mirror Mirror for something fun. Then I decided stamping with black would be PERFECT! I found the designs I wanted to use, then went from there! Here's what I came up with.


Mirror Mirror 7

Mirror Mirror 4

Mirror Mirror 1

Mirror Mirror 3

Mirror Mirror 2

Mirror Mirror 8


2 coats Orly Mirror Mirror
1 coat Poshe
Swirl stamping with bundle monster plate BM-201
-Black is Sinful Black on Black
-Silver is Pure Ice Silver Mercedes
Stamping on ring finger with Essence stamping plate
-Black is Sinful Black on Black
1 coat Poshe

Yup! I top coated it... well, some of the photos have a top coat. I took photos beforehand in case the top coat smudged the design. But it didn't! So I retook a few more photos with the top coat.

My initial intention was to make this kinda subtle. Obviously that went in a different direction! The silver didn't contrast the way I wanted it to, so I decided to do the rest of the swirls in black because I didn't want to bring a vibrant color into the design. I left the silver on my ring finger and decided you couldn't see the silver well enough and it looked like I forgot to stamp a nail. I had my Essence stamping plate right next to me, picked a design off of it, and went with it!

I think it looks really pretty. I'm a sucker for whimsical, swirly designs (obviously) so I really like it! What do you think? Should I have gone with a pop of color? Is there just too much going on? Lemme know!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks really pretty, I actually like the silver stamping under the black flowers.
    So jealous you got this image to transfer well, I tried using it before I had to try like five times each nail to get a decent transfer. Maybe its y plate? I know that sometimes happens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful :) I like what you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...especially the accent finger!

    ReplyDelete