Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

MAC Bad Fairy

Remember when people were ALL OVER this polish? It came out fall of last year when the duochrome foils were HUGE. Bad Fairy was the only one of the MAC Venomous Villains polishes that wasn't a dupe for an Orly Cosmic FX polish. It was its own polish.


BadFairy1

BadFairy2

BadFairy3

BadFairy4

BadFairy5

BadFairy6

BadFairy7

BadFairy8


2 coats MAC Bad Fairy
1 coat Poshe

I snatched 2 of these suckers up when I caught it just right online when they were back in stock at Nordstrom. I'm so glad I did! Not only is this one of my fav polishes, but its one of my sisters as well! I'm about 1/3 of the way through the bottle so I'm glad I have a backup!

This is a gorgeous dark pink/warm orange duochrome. At first glance it seems like a simple foil polish, but as soon as you move the duochrome is very prominent. I love duochromes because they're like an "indoor holo" to me. You know how you need good light for a holo to really look amazing? Duochromes look special and awesome in any light.

The formula was ok, but the brush was freakin' horrendous. The polish is kinda streaky, but these types of polishes can be finicky anyway. Definitely tolerable and not frustrating. You just can't do a ton of strokes of you get bald spots. So long as you use a light touch and don't go over it a ton of times you'll be fine. But the brush was just bad. I had to trim it because there were bristles going whichever direction they felt like, and it's not a very dense brush it it flares at the tip. Not in a good way. Again it's tolerable, but for $13 I expect WAY more higher quality packaging. I have 99 cent polishes with AMAZING brushes that make MACs look like a brush from a pack of 10 watercolor brushes from the dollar store complete with 10 bristles per brush. Point being, I really expected a better brush for $13.

2 comments:

  1. *yikes* I would expect a better brush as well. It's insane to me that so many $10+ polishes end up getting so many complaints. Either about the brush, the formula or the end color. This is a lovely color, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy
    It really is ridiculous. MAC doesn't seem to have the best polishes from what I read. This is the only one I own, but SO many reviews I read on their other polishes are horrible. So frustrating that they're twice as much if not more expensive than other polishes.

    ReplyDelete