Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Stellar Nails

Also known as Galaxy Nails, Nebula Nails, Space Nails, you get the idea. I'm calling them Stellar nails. Why? Because I wore them to an INCUBUS concert on Wednesday!! Incubus has been my favorite band (next to Sublime) for 10 years now. I've met them twice and this was my third concert of theirs. Woulda been the fourth, but I didn't have anyone to go with last time they toured. So this will be the 4th time they've toured through my area since I've been in love with them. The point of calling them Stellar Nails is because of Incubus's song, Stellar, off their Make Yourself album. There are actually a lot of older Incubus songs referencing the galaxy, stars, space, sky, you get the idea.

Anyway, I used THIS AMAZING TUTORIAL to do these.

Stellar Nails

Stellar Nails

Stellar Nails

Stellar Nails

Stellar Nails

Stellar Nails


1 coat China Glaze Up All Night as a base
Used a makeup sponge to sponge on colors in this order:
Nubar Blue Hydrangea
China Glaze Tree Hugger
Orly Basket Case
some have China Glaze Peachy Keen
China Glaze Lemon Fizz
some have the base coat again to help shade the overall sponged areas
I also added Revlon Rendez-Blue and Orly Space Cadet randomly. Also sponged.
I used Sally Hansen White On and a dotting tool for the stars.
All topped with Poshe

Holy goodness, I have NO idea why I was like completely incapable of photographing these nails. I tried SO many times and most were blurry. I think my camera was overwhelmed with all the colors and how busy it was. They look kinda messy in the photos, but they looked much cooler in real life. You also can barely see the different shimmers in the photos. Ultimately, I was proud of 'em. I'd do it a bit differently next time, but I'm satisfied!!

And here's Incubus Stellar...

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I absolutely love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is awesome, I really love it! The colors are so pretty, and compliment each other so well.

    Sorry about that deleted post!
    Please check out http://allglitzedup.blogspot.com. We will be having our first giveaway once we hit 50 followers, with more updates to come!
    We also have giveaways on our sister blog, http://apolishedlife.blogspot.com

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete